Riding a bicycle is indeed a pleasant, healthful exercise that people of all ages and capabilities may enjoy. Bike riding is a must-do activity for most individuals who like spending time outside, regardless of where they live. It’s a terrific opportunity to see new places, improve your fitness, spend time outdoors, and socialize with friends. However, riding about your neighborhood becomes monotonous after a while, and getting from point A to b is always a worry. If you don’t have space in your truck bed for bike storage, a bike rack is your option. These useful gadgets enable you to fasten a bicycle to the rear of your automobile. This way, you won’t have to completely disassemble the bicycle or get a trailer to transport it. Since you’re all set to go on your bike vacation in your Subaru Outback, but you need extra space! To carry your bikes, you’ll need the best bike rack for Subaru outback. Our vehicle-specific instructions are well researched and packed with useful information about your individual car and bike rack needs.
Product Comparison Table
Hollywood Racks Traveler Hitch Mounted Bike Rack
4.72 x 3.94 x 0.39 inches
Allen Sports Premier 2-Bike Trunk Rack
23.62 x 13.58 x 4.72 inches
Tyger Auto TG-RK3B203S Deluxe 3-Bike Trunk Mount Bicycle Rack
25 x 4 x 3 inches
Allen Sports 2-Bike Hitch Racks for 1 1/4 in. and 2 in. Hitch
27.6 x 14.1 x 4 inches
Ultra-Compact Trunk Mounted Bike Rack
14.37 x 7.28 x 3.54 inches
Allen Sports 4-Bike Hitch Racks for 2 in. Hitch
26.38 x 12.2 x 13.98 inches
Allen Sports Deluxe Trunk Mount 3-Bike Carrier
72 x 36 x 4.5 inches
Saris Bones Car Bike Rack,
22.4 x 19.1 x 9 inches
1. Hollywood Racks Traveler Hitch Mounted Bike Rack
For Hitch Mount Bike Racks, this required dealing with bike rattling and wobble, which might cause bike or vehicle damage. It also meant that if you wanted anything in your tailgate, you’d have to work for it. The two-hinge design and use of rubber straps play a large part in resolving these vexing issues. The new traveler hitch rack is intended to be a low-cost entry into the hitch mount type subaru crosstrek bike rack industry. It is a resounding success in this regard, thanks in part to its sturdy build.
- Has a high-rise adjustable frame suited for subaru bike rack outback and vehicles with spoilers. Includes three different kinds of connection straps to guarantee a proper fit for your car.
- Includes three different kinds of connection straps to guarantee a proper fit for your car.
- Rubber anti-sway bike cradles and EPDM rubber straps securely hold up to three bikes.
- Fully constructed; folds flat for simple storage in your trunk or garage; maximum capacity: 35lbs per bike.
- To fit on the Rack, children’s bikes, females’ frame bikes, and certain mountain cycles may need a top tube adaptor.
- The Rack tilts down for baggage compartment access arms may tilt down (or back) to provide room for opening your tailgate.
This Bike Hitch Attachment is intended for use with a 2-inch receiver. The most prevalent styles of receivers on the market currently are 1 1/2′′ and 2′′ receivers. Undeniably one of the best if not the best bike rack for subaru outback.
- A sturdy system.
- A very beautiful rubber securing mechanism that requires no equipment.
- A sturdy system. This signifies you have an interference fit, which means you have no wobbling.
- The Subaru Rack tilts down to give access to your vehicle’s tailgate or baggage compartment.
- When there are no bikes onboard, the Bike Rack is securely hidden below the bed or tailgate.
- The only drawback would be the securing of the Bike Rack itself. It would be preferable if the hook pin lock can be included rather than being ordered separately since the great majority of people will desire one these days; this would also avoid the risk of an incorrect order.
- A rock-solid and I mean rock-solid, Rack. I like the rubber straps that keep the bikes in place. They are fast and simple, yet they hold the bike securely. We also purchased a trunk-mounted wrx bike rack for our second vehicle. These bike racks for Subaru crosstrek are extremely well-made. I would recommend them to everyone that rides a bike. And the pricing is excellent for the quality. (Reviewed on Amazon in the U. S. on September 6, 2014)
- Excellent stuff if correctly fitted; there should be no wobbling. After viewing the video, the installation took below 15 minutes, including the installation of the fastening bolts. (Reviewed on Amazon in the U. S. on April 30, 2011).
2. Allen Sports Premier 2-Bike Trunk Rack, Model S102, Black
Allen Trunk Bike Racks are a simple and economical method to move bikes about town, whether you’re searching for a budget-friendly bike rack or don’t have a vehicle with a hitch. There’s a reason these racks are Amazon best-sellers: they provide a terrific mix of vehicle adaptability, bike compatibility, and price. We discovered various variances between Allen’s racks, ranging from wheel size to bike weight that you should evaluate in addition to pricing. Allen racks are really the only trunk racks that enable the individual cradles to rotate (that we are aware of). The cradles are really the rubber parts on the crosstrek bike rack arms that rest the bike frame on. The ability to swivel each cradle gives you a lot more options when it comes to attaching your bike. Most hanging racks stabilize the bike by placing the Rack’s arms beneath the top tube.
- Individual Double Compound tie-down cradles hold and protect bicycles; 2 innovative sure strap bottom straps keep bottom hooks in position during operation.
- One of the Best Rear Mounted Bike Carrier
- Extra-large car cushions assist to disperse bicycles weight and preserve vehicle finish.
They sit on cradles that are parallel to the floor and are motionless. Adapter bars are often required on hanging racks in order to transport bikes that do not have a long, linear top tube (such as “step-through” frames or tiny children’s bikes). Allen’s swivel cradles’ flexibility significantly lowers, if not eliminates, the requirement for expensive and troublesome adapter bars.
- Unique design
- Easy to install and uninstall
- Folds up tiny for storing
- Honestly, I didn’t want to invest money on a Thule bike rack for Subaru outback. This was a surprisingly fantastic buy. I’m not new to bike outback Graber bike racks, so installation was simple: slap the hooks in place, tighten, tweak, then tighten some more. The element that perplexes me is because there is a bottom hook. But I was able to make it work with the hatch. (Reviewed on Amazon in the U. S. on July 26, 2020)
- This works well on my 2009 Honda CR-V. This was my very first bike rack, so I wanted to be sure it suited my vehicle and was simple to install. Because the base of the trunk door is too heavy for the metal object on the strap, the strap must instead be looped through the hook below the vehicle. (Reviewed on Amazon in the United States on April 29, 2018)
3. Tyger Auto TG-RK3B203S Deluxe 3-Bike Trunk Mount Bicycle Rack. (Compatible with Most Sedans/Hatchbacks/Minivans and SUVs.)
For those on a tight budget, the Tyger Auto TG-RK3B101S 3-bike hitch mounts ski rack for Subaru outback is ideal. It costs less than $100 and has a slew of appealing features. It’s very strong, lightweight, and capable of carrying even heavy motorcycles. This hitch mount bike carrier is designed to accommodate either a 1.25-inch or a 2-inch receiver on a variety of automobiles. In addition to hitch receivers, the design incorporates straps for further security.
- Completely constructed. It fits the majority of Hatchbacks
- One bike capacity, with a strong and convenient structure. Bicycles are kept away from the car by a padded bottom frame. (A safety strap is provided.)
- Individual soft cradles are designed to protect your bike frame while also securing it with ratchet buckles. For rust protection, OE standard black E-Coating is used. When not in use, the carry arms fold up and are easily installed in minutes. (Instructions for DIY are provided in the box.)
- No-Hassle Limited Lifetime Warranty from Tyger
The Subaru crosstrek roof bike rack is composed of steel and has an E-Coating to prevent rust and corrosion. It’s simple to install and remove since it has a hitch mount. It also weighs just 20 pounds, so you don’t have to be a bodybuilder to use it. Because of this, you should be able to install it and be ready to go in under a minute.
- Sturdy construction
- Sturdy construction
- Rust-resistant coating
- Extra security to keep bikes in place
- Foldable for storing
- Low price
- Hatch won’t open swiftly
- I’ve only used it once, but it’s a fantastic product; the bikes didn’t even move, it’s really sturdy, well-made, and has heavy-duty straps; I’m very pleased with my purchase. Excellent for my minivan. (Reviewed on Amazon in the United States on June 4, 2017)
- I’ve only tried it once, but I think it’s a fantastic product! We went on a 90-minute round trip bike ride to some bike paths. Mostly interstate at 70+ mph. Throughout the journey, the motorcycles were really secure. (Reviewed on Amazon in the United States on August 18, 2018)
4. Allen Sports 2-Bike Hitch Racks for 1 1/4 in. and 2 in. Hitch
The Allen Sports High Ability Locking Premier Version for Electric Bikes has all of the features you need to bring you and your bikes out on adventures safely and securely. To safeguard your bicycles, the Subaru Impreza bike rack features fast assembly, tool-free vehicle attachment, folding carry arms, rapid lift-gate access, and a dual compound Spine Shield. This large-capacity kayak rack for Subaru outback is suitable for a broad variety of bicycle frame styles. Allen Premier Hitch Racks have a proprietary simple fold arm design that allows the racks’ carry arms to be lowered out of the way when not being used by merely pushing the carrier’s two red release buttons.
- Capacity: 2 Bikes, each weighing up to 70 lbs.
- When not in use, the quick-fold carry arms fold out of the way.
- Quick tilt-away function for simple access to the lift-gate.
- A large cushioned spine shield protects the bicycles from the Rack, and an integrated tie-down strap lets you maintain everything in position while driving. There are no tools required to attach the rack to the car.
Allen Premier Hitch Racks also have an easy-to-use fast tilt away main pole. A tough internal mechanism maintains the Rack firmly in place when in use, but it can be tilted away with one hand if you require access to the interior of your Subaru outback car top carrier.
- Simple to assemble
- Tailgate access through a fallback mechanism
- Made of robust steel
- Hitch adapter is small
- The mount itself is fairly simple to set up. It works perfectly. Even while traveling over uneven terrain or at high speeds, my bike does not wriggle or shift at all. (Amazon reviewed it in the United States on May 2, 2021.)
- Even with a bike on the roof rack for Subaru outback, the bike rack is far enough outward of my car that my dogs can jump in the back. But it really doesn’t seem too out of place, so I think it’s ideal! (Reviewed on Amazon in the U. S. on April 24, 2016)
5. Ultra-Compact Trunk Mounted Bike Rack
The Allen MT-1 Ultra-compact 1-bike carrier combines all of the advantages of a full-featured bicycle carrier with the convenience and simplicity of use of Allen’s revolutionary folding design. The MT-1, which is built on a tough steel frame, is simple to carry and store when not in use. Dual compound tie-down cradles keep your bike safe and secure. Furthermore, the AL and MT Racks’ Patented design makes them exceedingly small when folded yet highly sturdy when put on your car.
- Ultra-compact 1 bike carrier for travel and commuting
- Ultra-compact 1 bike carrier for touring and commuting
- Folds up tiny and fits within a carrying bag or backpack
- 3 cushioned legs rest against the vehicle and with 3 adjustable safety straps
- Dual compound cradles to protect and secure Subaru bicycle
- Ultra-compact folding design
When not in use, they are very portable. They are, without a doubt, the ideal commuter rack. It also has a huge soft TPR landing cushion on the central spine to preserve your bicycles while transporting them and keeping them away from your car.
- Very lengthy retaining straps
- Very lengthy retaining straps
- SUPER simple to install
- Collapses down effortlessly with small metal push-buttons and goes nicely into its attached stuff bag
- Extender arm Pin is not that strong
- I installed this on our 2020 Hyundai Kona. I was a little hesitant about installing it on a little hatchback, but the installation was simple, and the bike mount was really secure (Reviewed in the United States on November 2, 2021, Amazon)
- Installing this on the rear of my Toyota hatch was a breeze. I wish I had more confidence in the straps since they seem a touch flimsy, but they’ve held up this year, unlike anything else in 2020. (Reviewed on Amazon in the U. S. on January 10, 2021)
6. Allen Sports 4-Bike Hitch Racks for 2 in. Hitch
With the Allen four-bike carrier hitch, you may transport up to four bicycles on road vacations or camping holidays. The Subaru outback hitch bike rack insert, which fits 2-inch receiver hitches, is simple to use and very secure for your motorcycles. Simply connect it to your hitch, then utilize the tie-down cradle mechanism to secure and protect the motorcycles separately. The carry arm accepts a broad variety of frame designs and sizes, allowing you to confidently transport your child’s mountain bike or adult road cycle. Individual tie-down system by Allen secures and secures your bicycles.
- 22-inch-long carry arms independently hold bicycles
- 4 bike rack fits cars with a 2-inch trailer hitch only
- Tilt-away main mast for convenient lift-gate access
- Includes hardware to securely connect the Rack into your receiver hitch
The tie-downs are fixed to the carrier arm but swivel to accommodate a broad variety of bicycle frame sizes and types. You don’t even have to dismount your bikes to get to the rear of your vehicle since the Subaru forester roof bike rack tilts back for simple lift-gate access and folds entirely out of the way when not in use.
- Folding carry arms
- Simple construction
- No-wobble hitch installation
- Individual wrap cradles to secure and preserve bicycles
- Lock functionality isn’t too good
- We purchased this hitch for our campsite. It works perfectly. We had no trouble fitting four bikes – one men’s, one woman’s, and 2 children’s – one 18 inches with learning to ride and one 20 inches. (Amazon review, May 22, 2017)
- The Rack is very strong, simple to install on a hitch, and secures the bike(s) for travel with no problems. (Amazon review, June 10, 2018)
7. Allen Sports Deluxe Trunk Mount 3-Bike Carrier, Model 103DN-R, Black
The Allen Sports 103DN Deluxe Three Bike Carrier is suitable for the majority of vehicles. Its unique design takes seconds to put up and transports your bicycles securely throughout town or across the nation. Two side straps provide outstanding lateral stability for your car. Your bicycles are individually secured and protected by a proprietary tie-down mechanism. Your bicycles are secured and protected by the individual tie-down system. The tie-downs are fixed to the carrier arm but swivel to accommodate a broad variety of bicycle frame sizes and types.
- Padded bottom frame covers the vehicle and left and right-side belts for lateral stability
- Comes with tie-down systems that protect bicycles
- Two side straps for offering great stability for the Rack
- Has a little saddle type device with a sling that is simple to attach around the bike frame
Carry arms will fit a variety of bicycle frame designs and sizes. Most typical adult-sized bicycles, and most women’s and children’s frames, can be simply mounted on the Rack, form, if not the best bike rack for Subaru outback.
- Sets up in seconds
- Allen’s lifetime guarantee
- Narrow set carry arms
- Side straps for lateral vehicle stability
- Individual tie-down system
- The instructions are not very intuitive or helpful.
- This Allen bike rack is rather large and strong. No issues hooking up on the back of an Audi SUV. (Reviewed on Amazon in the United States on September 29, 2020)
- It’s quite simple to mount bicycles on it. Lift them up and place them in the cradles. Then there’s a simple strap on either side to keep it secure. Repeat these instructions for as many bicycles as you want to attach (which really maxes out at three total). (Reviewed on Amazon in the United States on August 13, 2015)
8. Saris Bones Car Bike Rack, Trunk or Hitch Carrier, Mount 2-4 Bicycles
Saris’ best-selling vehicle rack for years has been the Saris Bones bike trunk rack. With its distinctively arced rack arms, high-quality craftsmanship, and low pricing, the Bones has made traveling to the trails a reality for many families. The Bones is intriguing to many bike riders as a trunk rack since installation does not need your vehicle to have a hitch. The Saris Bones 2 and Saris Bones 3 are perfect for small families or bigger families with smaller bikes that can fit in the trunk and are available in two or three bike capacities.
- Strap management that is integrated to avoid flapping straps
- Injection-molded legs and arms to ensure the Rack’s durability for years to come.
- Has the widest range of vehicle compatibility of any trunk racks on the market (2 bikes, 35 lbs each)
- Anti-sway cradles assist limit bike contact
- Unique fastening legs fit better over spoilers than ordinary trunk racks
Instead of being completely straight and perpendicular to your car, the Saris Bones mounting arms (where the bikes rest) are arced. Because of the arc, the mounted bikes have staggered heights, resulting in less handlebar/saddle conflict.
- There is no need for a vehicle hitch to utilize it!
- There is 6.5 inches of space between each bike!
- Arced rack arms assist stagger bikes for spacing
- Accommodates 20′′ and even some 16′′ kid’s bikes
- Super lightweight – simple to load and unload
- Rack and bikes sit very close to your car, so the bike could easily sway, and pedals or wheels hit the rear of the car
- Perfect for vehicles without a hitch. I have a Honda Pilot touring, and we were able to fit 2 adult bikes and a large child’s bike on the rack. It traveled well on the highway and at high speeds. We did have to use lots of bungee cords to further secure the handlebars, tires, wheels, pedals, etc. (Reviewed on Amazon in the United States on October 1, 2019)
- This thing is awesome. It feels so secure and it doesn’t move once installed properly in the back of my vehicle. I have a Nissan Rogue and this fits over the spoiler and holds my bikes perfectly. I don’t worry about traveling with my bikes now at all! Well worth the money for peace of mind and safety. (Reviewed on Amazon in the United States on February 17, 2020)
- Drivers should be aware that utilizing a hitch-mounted bike rack to transport bikes may lengthen the vehicle. This is vital to remember while backing up, parking, and moving the car in confined places.
- If you are a casual rider who wants to be able to simply and often remove your bike rack, the weight of the bike rack is critical. A lighter bike rack also translates to greater gas efficiency for your car. Trunk access is always an issue with bike racks, particularly for individuals who use them on road trips. It would be inconvenient to have to remove your Rack every time you stopped to get anything from the Subaru outback bike rack trunk. Look for a function that enables the Rack to tilt, removing the need to remove it and providing unfettered access to the trunk. Putting your bike so near to your automobile might be nerve-racking. What if the bike crashes and causes damage to the car? That might be an expensive remedy. Swing away racks are attachments that avoid this problem.
- When riding a bicycle, always wear a helmet. Wearing a protective helmet, similar to wearing a seatbelt in a vehicle, is an incredibly simple approach to protect oneself in the event of an accident. Accidents happen no matter how seasoned you are. Some states even have helmet regulations in place, with harsh penalties for offenders.
- You will still need to use your own cable bike lock with most bike racks to lessen the danger of theft if you leave them on the Rack overnight or while you are gone from your vehicle. While these locks may not totally prevent the possibility of theft, they significantly lower the danger. A casual thief is unlikely to take the time or effort to cut a bike lock. • If your vehicle has a spare tire on the rear, you will most likely need a hitch extender to install a hitch-mounted bike rack. This will relocate the bikes and rack even farther away from the rear of your car, preventing them from rubbing against the spare tire. Hitch extensions are available at any vehicle parts store.
- Wipe off the automobile at all locations where your Rack will come into touch with the car before attaching the bike carrier. Any fine grit, pollen, or other microscopic, undetectable particles may be removed with a simple wipe with a clean cloth. This little gesture not only ensures a pleasant ride for your bikes, but it also ensures a better fit for the Rack, considering you have the best bike rack for Subaru outback. This is especially true for those with trunk racks, like as the Bones.
- Along the same lines as the last tip, ensure that the rack components are clean, particularly the rack feet and hooks. This is particularly important on trunk racks, where the feet will be positioned on the automobile. We suggest placing the Rack off the ground, or at the very least on its side so that the Rack’s feet are not resting on the dusty garage floor.
- Before placing your valuable goods onto the Rack, inspect it carefully for indications of wear on the straps, hooks, scoops, and other components. Replace any that seem to be worn or damaged before utilizing even the Subaru outback kayak rack.
- The lock on your Subaru wrx bike rack, like your bike chain, might get sticky if you don’t move it. Throughout the year, cycle the lock and lubricate as needed to keep the lock core from freezing up. A few spins every now and then will help the vehicle rack’s lifetime and this crucial security feature.
- Racks should be handwashed with a light detergent. Dish soap is effective. But whatever you do, do not – I repeat, do not – take your bike rack through an automatic car wash!
General Guidelines to Securely Lock a Bike to Bike Rack
If you are unsure how to secure your bike or have previously experienced bike theft, it is critical that you learn how to lock your bike properly. Our picks for the top two choices are shown below.
1. Make sure the object to which you’re securing your bike is solid and durable.
2. Remove everything detachable from your bike.
3. Use a U–lock to secure the rear tire and frame to the pole, then connect a cable lock through the front tire onto the U–lock and secure the U–lock.
1. Ensure that the object to which you are securing your bike is solid and durable.
2. Take off your front wheel and set it next to your back wheel.
3. Wrap a U-lock shackle all-around an immovable item, passing through both seat stays and wheels.
Bikes Tips contains many informative articles about bikes and bike accessories from which you will acquire fantastic knowledge about bikes. You can see these articles to get proper instructions by clicking the attached links.
Best Electric Tricycle for Adults
Best Cycling Gloves for Hand Numbness
Some FAQS about Bike Rack for Subaru Outback
A bike rack for Subaru Impreza/bike carrier is an amazing addition for your vehicle and bike that enables you and your family to go outside and discover cycling paths that would otherwise be inaccessible without first driving to them. Choosing the best bike rack for Subaru outback for you is critical to ensure that you have the right fit for your vehicle, enough room for as many bikes as you need, and something that will not harm your vehicle. We feel that these are some of the bike racks for Subaru outbacks, with each offering its own set of benefits. Your possibilities are limitless, whether you need something lightweight and simple to install or something that can accommodate a bigger number of bikes.
However, it is worthwhile to keep an eye out for the more well-known brands in the Subaru outback roof bike rack business, as this will give you confidence that you are purchasing secure and long-lasting equipment.